Laboratory B is Burlington, Vermont’s member supported hacker space. Started in the Fall of 2010, at the Burlington 2600 meeting. It is now located at 266 Pine St in Burlington Vt, just a short walk from downtown. It’s offers 1000+ sq. ft of hacker/maker fun.
Laboratory B members are interested in a wide variety of technologies and related issues. Project range from anti-surveillance fashion to cloud infrastructure.
We are looking to grow our awesomeness by hosting more events and building our infrastructure. Please see the events page to see what have going on.
We are incorporated in the state of Vermont as a non-profit bylaws can be found here. We are also a federal 501(c)3 non-profit as of September 2013. Our determination later is here and our EIN is 45-3966737. Here is our GuideStar profile.
A short list of our current features:
- Microelectronics workbench.
- 20 Mbit/s of symmetric Internet access from Burlington Telecom
- Free Wi-fi access
- Plenty of desk space.
- Tea Station
- Magic Bins
- Member Storage Area.
- Whiteboards Galore
- Virtual Machine Server
Features we are looking to build and acquire: (“the wishlist”)
- 3D workstation & 3D Printer (we hear they are cool)
- Laser Cutter!
- Capture the Flag Network.
- Separate Physical Fabrication space (Dirty Lab)
- 2D Mill (Shopbot or BlackFoot)
- Tables Saw
- Drill Press (Wood & Metal)
- Chop Saw (Wood & Metal)
- Vacumn Bot
- Locked system
- Lab Access Control System